Seniors Real Estate Specialists® or SRES® designees are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50+.
By earning the SRES® Designation, you have demonstrated the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50+ through major financial and lifestyle transitions in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home.
The SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist) is an intensive two-day training program that includes a written final test.
The SRES designation is in consultation with CARP, Canada’s Association for the Fifty-Plus, and The 50Plus Group. Both CARP and the 50Plus Group endorse this training program.
The training covers a wide range of subject including but not limited to:
- Understanding the needs and wants of the 50+ group
- Understanding the financial, tax and other options and challenges of the 50+ group
- How to help clients develop the best housing strategy
- Taking into account both the needs and opportunities presented to the 50+ group
- How to provide the best level of service